Semi new reefer questions

bugzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. Got some random newbie reefer questions but first I’d like to thank all of you for answering my questions and being a constant source of knowledge. Sincerely appreciate it.

1. I added more turbostart into my tank and will likely be dosing microbactor7 going forward. Would now be a good time to start my refugium? I’d hate to miss out of AlgaeBarn pod deals but would need to buy a fuge light to help grow it.

2. Been thinking about adding a Nero 3 and running it in either pulse or random move to have some more random water patterns in the tank while the Nero 5 just runs in constant closer to the top of the tank. Any thoughts?

3. Considering adding some new fish and thinking maybe 2 Biota Pavo Damels and a Court Jester Goby or maybe a fire fish and a couple of cardinal fish. Looking to add some more diversity and more peaceful tank mates.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) You want some some of the organics like phosphates and nitrates in your aquarium before the refugium. Otherwise Chaeto will not do well.

2) Flow is very important - so adding Nero 3 will definitely improve aquarium circulation and will be great for SPS and other corals.

3) Good fish selections. They will help with the organics for the refugium.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. Got some random newbie reefer questions but first I’d like to thank all of you for answering my questions and being a constant source of knowledge. Sincerely appreciate it.

1. I added more turbostart into my tank and will likely be dosing microbactor7 going forward. Would now be a good time to start my refugium? I’d hate to miss out of AlgaeBarn pod deals but would need to buy a fuge light to help grow it.

2. Been thinking about adding a Nero 3 and running it in either pulse or random move to have some more random water patterns in the tank while the Nero 5 just runs in constant closer to the top of the tank. Any thoughts?

3. Considering adding some new fish and thinking maybe 2 Biota Pavo Damels and a Court Jester Goby or maybe a fire fish and a couple of cardinal fish. Looking to add some more diversity and more peaceful tank mates.
1. has the tank fully cycled yet?
2. good idea for extra flow
3. what is the tank size? Biota is great as the fish should be qt'd already, but i do suggest springeri and azures damselfish as they are peaceful damsels that only cost like 10-15$ if your LFS carries them. More just for the price especially if this is a first fish

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back