Sending ICP test

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time I'm ever sending an ICP test. I bought the ATI ICP send they also include your RODI analysis.
Inductions
Instructions seem simple enough. Just fill, seal, and apply the return label correct?
When I registered on their site there was a little popup about customs. I can't find it now and don't know if I need to do anything. I'm in USA.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just mail it to the address I believe is Ca, they will send it to Germany with many others several times a week. They take care of customs for you. You should have a prepaid label in the package.

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How accurate are these test? It just boggles my mind that they sit in those tubes for days before being tested but I know many people use them.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How accurate are these test? It just boggles my mind that they sit in those tubes for days before being tested but I know many people use them.
Not sure on the accuracy, but the tubes are sealed so I don't think the chemical makeup in the water will change. The the last 8 months it has shown my aluminum going up every month. Calcium with my Hanna checker has been steady around 430 and ICP has it at 635, so I used Salifert test reads it at greater than 500 which is the max. The Hanna checker is still calibrated okay. Same with the magnesium, ICP has it at 1230 and I was measuring it at 1440 with Salifert where I try to maintain it. Red Sea test kit reads it at 1200.

I have several brands of test kits I have acquired over the years to check the ease of use for them. Checking back on the different ICP tests has shown my cal going up and mag dropping, but the test kit readings did not show the change. I would trust the ICP tests over my own titration testing because they use highly sensitive expensive equipment.

Now I have been doing several water changes a week to get the params closer to what is healthy for the tank. And will be using the test kits that get the same readings as ICP results.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back