Seneye and neptune giving different PH readings?

daftwazzock

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2019
Messages
191
Reaction score
158
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seneye says 8, Neptune says 8.1

Is the Seneye calibrated out of the box and my neptune probe off? Only reason I got Seneye was for the ammonia readings.
 
I have a seneye that I change the offset against a calibrated ph meter.

Seneye seems to reach a stable ph then doesn't change. Probe is reporting 8.2 to 8.4 depending on time of day I check my tank. Seneye just stays at 8.25. I used new slides and the same thing happens. Not sure if it's a fault with my unit, but would not use seneye for ph.
 
That the two are off by such a small amount is negligible .... hopefully you realize that. Labs use much better probes and calibrate them daily. Absent that, the hobby grade stuff we use calibrated every six months is going to have material inherent error.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new