Seneye par accuracy

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any comments about the accuracy of the Seneye's PAR function?

I know BRS and some members here tested it with good results, but I got directed to the following two videos which gave concerning results:

To save watching them, the readings of the Seneye are roughly double what is shown by the other PAR meters.

Mine is giving me roughly what I'd expect from the lights I use but I would appreciate some others thoughts on it. Wondering if perhaps a setting or something could be incorrect on his PAR meters to give such different results.

Cheers

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested mine against the rented Apogee 500 and they were within 5% of each other........I did not waste my time to watch the video, as I believe there probably is a hidden agenda here. There is almost nothing I don't 100% trust from the BRS team. They apply real science and hundreds of thousands of dollars in testing products.

flourishofmediocrity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check the comments on the second video you posted. he shared a response from seneye who responded with some info on their meter, mainly that their device actually has 3 sensors, and is more sensitive to blue light than the apogee, which is why the seneye reads higher under aquarium lighting. One really funny exchange in the comments also is that he says he took it outside and the readings went off the charts, and then he says it was a clear day so the meter was picking up all the light from the sky itself which makes sense.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Older Seneye's (+2-3 year old) are fine. Recent models show par values twice as high. Seneye needs to solve this in a firmware update.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back