Seneye Slide Replacement Issue

What is your experience replacing the slides?

• No problem what so ever

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Have to make a support request every time

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Have had to make a support request, but not every time

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Buy an Apex you cheap....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tc3driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious for the Seneye Reef users out there.

What is your experience replacing the slides? I am now at 2/2 slides where I have had to send in a support request because the new slide is reporting expired. I am just wondering if this is a common occurrence or there is something wrong with my account.

Thanks in advance

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I no longer use my Seneye except as a PAR meter (or an ammonia monitor when setting up a new tank), I've never had an issue with slide registration.

FWIW, in regards to the PAR meter accuracy, I checked it against and Apogee quantum meter, and they were almost exactly the same readings!

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted to confirm whether my seneye had relatively similar PAR readings compared to the more expensive options. Thanks for confirming this.

As for my seneye slide (when I last used it a couple of months ago), I never had an issue switching to a new slide. I have to soak the slide according to the instructions for 2 days before using the new slide. Once I pop the new slide in, I go into the computer app and register the new code on the slide sleeve.

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new Senye and my slide will not register. I scanned the QR code with my phone and it said it would be activated in a few minutes. That was 3 hours ago. Is there something else I need to do to activate the slide other than scanning the QR code? Their help section says to go to the dashboard and register it there, but there is no such tab that I can see.

OP
OP
tc3driver

tc3driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I no longer use my Seneye except as a PAR meter (or an ammonia monitor when setting up a new tank), I've never had an issue with slide registration.

FWIW, in regards to the PAR meter accuracy, I checked it against and Apogee quantum meter, and they were almost exactly the same readings!
Thank you for the info!
I've always wanted to confirm whether my seneye had relatively similar PAR readings compared to the more expensive options. Thanks for confirming this.

As for my seneye slide (when I last used it a couple of months ago), I never had an issue switching to a new slide. I have to soak the slide according to the instructions for 2 days before using the new slide. Once I pop the new slide in, I go into the computer app and register the new code on the slide sleeve.
Interesting, thank you for your input
I just got a new Senye and my slide will not register. I scanned the QR code with my phone and it said it would be activated in a few minutes. That was 3 hours ago. Is there something else I need to do to activate the slide other than scanning the QR code? Their help section says to go to the dashboard and register it there, but there is no such tab that I can see.
That is the same problem I am having... can you take a screenshot of your phone app? I am curious if you are seeing the same thing I am.

Reach out to [email protected] and they should be able to help you as well... I was more curious if it is only me... or it is happening to others.

Their support did say that there were some misprints on a few of the codes... however I suspect there is a deeper issue. As the secondary code they sent me today caused the same issue... it registers as expired out of the box.

OP
OP
tc3driver

tc3driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those having problems, are you guys scanning the QR code? I just type in the actual code and I have no issues
Both.

For both instances I initially scanned the QR code.

The first time I put in a support ticket and I woke up the next morning to a working seneye

• This time Scanned the QR code
  • Slide came back as 30 days expired
  • Contacted support
  • First code they gave me was already used and manually entered
  • Second code they gave me had the same result as the actual QR code, reporting 30 days expired and manually entered

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I got it working before I could take a screenshot. Basically it was flashing “Expired “ on the dashboard.
I received an email from Seneye this morning with a new code. It worked.
However, the pH was measuring 7.3 when I know it is 8.2. And yes, I did check the box that it is for a marine tank. I would not have expected the pH reading to be so far off. I calibrated it to match the known pH. But it makes me wonder if the rest of the readings are correct.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back