Seneye

padonereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to hear thoughts on this product before I out lay. Hear in perth wa I have not see one on shelfs? So wondering how people in Aus are finding the product?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good tool overall. Many good reviews.

Google seneye par shootout reef2reef. Big thread with a lot of data and pro tips.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On sale at BRS right now for $139. Can anyone confirm, the light meters will continue to work after the soaked insert slide expires? I know the slide is just for pH and ammonia part, but I assume the light meters still work normal.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Just picked one up. Great price even for just a PAR meter alone. I am not expecting Apogee accuracy, but should be good enough for me setting up a new aquarium with LEDs. And I have a cheap LUX meter to test it against. Currently use the LUX meter mostly (on freshwater aquariums) to check light degradation more than checking for exact levels.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Just picked one up. Great price even for just a PAR meter alone. I am not expecting Apogee accuracy, but should be good enough for me setting up a new aquarium with LEDs. And I have a cheap LUX meter to test it against. Currently use the LUX meter mostly (on freshwater aquariums) to check light degradation more than checking for exact levels.
The lux meter on the seney does work differently than a hand held one. So don't get weirded out.

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there's a way to use it as a par meter connected to a cell phone or tablet via a USB to micro-usb cable

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
We now sponsor R2R so if you have any questions please come to our forum at AQD_Seneye here or just drop me a line at [email protected] We also have a number of excellent R2R sponsors carrying Seneye including Premium Aquatics and Saltwater Aquarium and Marine Depot, lots of places to purchase from now!

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a new to the hobby and making a serious start then in my opinion it is a must have . It is a monitor yes but it wont break your bank jumping to a controller . Its something to be seen as an early warning of possible problems you may be developing . You can do a few tricks to get a little bit for control for first defense , but you dont want to treat it as a precision meter to automate dosing and stuff that deals with live stock . Though I feel that day is not far off .
Some value add i did are posted here
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/g...if-you-are-using-any-monitoring-system.368300
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...water-leak-or-high-temperature-reading.369414

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there's a way to use it as a par meter connected to a cell phone or tablet via a USB to micro-usb cable
There was a similar thread on the Seneye Support forum , unfortunately the app that measures instantly is windows based , the snapshots are seen on andrioid ios phones and tablets . Given that I dont think its going to work on the Phone or Tablet directly for instant par measurements

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back