Sept. 2011 POTM Winner

  • Thread starter Thread starter gparr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
20
Location
NW Chicago Suburbs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to Acrotrdco, winner of the Sept. POTM competition. Beautiful photo and beautiful tank.

DSC_8143.jpg


photoofthemonthgraphic2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tank and beautiful picture Howard! Congrats!
 
Those are wonderful, mature colonies! Great tank and photo. Congratulations!
 
Congratulations!! Very nice tank. I love the effect of the leds in the photo.
 
Just magnificent!
 
congrats! what color LEDs are you running to get those awesome colors? I see something other than blue and white in there :)
 
Thank you all! I'm so honored! :)

I'm using the standard LED chips from my Mazarra, they have XM-L (8500L), Philips Rebel Royal Blue (460nm), Philips Rebel Blue (480nm), Super Actinic (420nm) and Cree XP-G 85 CRI 3000K warm white. At 50-75% white and 100% blue the color is simply amazing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new