September 2013 Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several of us discussed this last night, and want to get everyone's opinion on it. What does everyone think about holding the September meeting at a restaurant near the frag swap in Columbia, SC? I know most of us don't want to tie up two weekends in September. So what are your thoughts?

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just me,but I feel that we otto count the trip alone as the meeting cause some fokes won't stay as long as others,and on trip that many hours away I'm sure people will be leaving tired and may not even want to stick around for a restaurant meeting,that alone means everyone has to be on the same time line,hard to do with a group that isn't a tour bus event.But this is just my two cents,which I found in Dustin&LeighAnn's driveway ha ha ha ! ! :bounce:

OP
OP
SLUF681

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I had in mind, Buddy, was leaving the swap at noon or so, going to eat/have the "meeting", and then going back to the swap.

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have a proposal.....

I am throwing this in the air and you all tell me what you would like to do...

If there is a few people that cannot go to the frag swap in S.C., let me know I will stay behind and locate a meeting spot and hold a meeting there.. It wont be an official one but I really dont want anyone to feel left out! If there is no one wanting to do this then I will be going to SC with hot rod Rodster and the oleMan lol.

If we are infact all going we will need 2 vehicles so that way if someone dosent want to stay, there will be a ride on thier way back. what you all think?

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There appears to be about 8 people that expressed interest and have "committed" to go. Well, as much as you can a month before the event. Even with the van it looks like two vehicles will be needed. It will be much more comfortable. I can just see Kevin setting on Buddy's lap for 4 hours not working. And I know I cannot hold my breath for that long either.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny Eddie,May the Bird of Paradice hide a caraway seed up your nose.....lol !

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May he visit your nose when he leaves Eddie's ! BaHa BaHa !

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I think we will do a meeting local, That way members (IF WANTED) can attend both!!

Next 2 questions.....where and when and who??

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try for both but who knows.... When is the meeting scheduled for?

ORchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who will not be going to the swap I would not feel left out if you didn't have a meeting. I wouldn't want one of you to miss the swap just to have a meeting for those who can't go. That is just my thoughts. I enjoyed the meeting and look forward to future ones.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their will be club meeting on September 14th at 12:00.Anyone who wants to host may do so,if not we have a backup location in downtown Knoxville.The club is growing leaps and bounds,ain't it great!This is a very busey time for all club officers so please watch for meeting information on this site,and don't forget to post if you plan to attend.Thank yaw ....:bigsmile:....seeya:wave:

OP
OP
SLUF681

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about we meet at a park and have a picnic while the weather is still warm? I might even be able to get my wife to attend a meeting that's not at my house! Victor Ashe Park has an awesome playground area for the kids, and easily accessible bathrooms right beside the covered picnic Pavilion. The Pavilion has a ton of tables. Just a suggestion. What's everyone's thoughts?

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would volunteer but I don't have a tank.... Kind of pointless until I get one... Once I do we can have a meeting and have an in service on how to properly set up a tank and how to cycle it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back