Serenity Cove.

whammack

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
177
Reaction score
212
Location
gorham
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Just setting up a 75 gallon LPS softy tank.
Jebao dc return pump
30 gallon sump
Negative space diy aqua scape
Tank is a 75 gallon with rear left overflow.
Special grade sand.
Sicce power head for agitation of top.
2 hygger wave makers.
Nyos nitrates test kit.
Hanna alkalinity, calcium and phosphate checkers
Ph handheld and probe.
Ai prime 16 hd x 3
6 stage RODI I use a rv pump to fill tank and do water changes from the basement where my water storage and mixing tanks are.
Ink bird controller with 300w heater.
Tunze ato.
Currently 2 clowns.
 
Last edited:
First picture.
20241002_121952.jpg
 
Nice start!

I would just do 2 paired clowns, may become a blood bath later on.

I like the blue background, really brightens up the tank. I always go black but like blue better lol My new tank looks really dingy with the black since there are no corals yet.
 
I see a lot of room for coral. Should look awesome once it fills in.

EDIT : just saw 4 clowns. That could get interesting assuming they are all small and not paired.
I was worried about the clowns also, they where a have to take when I bought the tank.
 
Maybe keep an eye on them and if it gets bad see about bringing them in to a lfs. I'm not a fan of adding small clowns and hoping they pair up. It works sometimes but sometimes it doesn't and I hate watching fish fight. I like to start with a single then add a male later after I'm sure the first has transitioned to female.
 
Maybe keep an eye on them and if it gets bad see about bringing them in to a lfs. I'm not a fan of adding small clowns and hoping they pair up. It works sometimes but sometimes it doesn't and I hate watching fish fight. I like to start with a single then add a male later after I'm sure the first has transitioned to female.
I have been watching very closely. I have also been looking for signs they have been fighting incase they are doing it when I'm not looking. I am an animal lover and never want to be the cause of pain for them!
 
My sump set up, With all my controls.
 

Attachments

  • 20241006_161542.jpg
    20241006_161542.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20241006_161532.jpg
    20241006_161532.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 56
This is my custom made light hanger. Still missing 1 light that goes in the middle.
 

Attachments

  • 20241008_135203.jpg
    20241008_135203.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 53
Here is a picture with the lights done. Please excuse the floor getting ready to lay new tile.

20241013_102453.jpg
 
Tank has a two new additions. I added two hygger wave makers. I love the control they give me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new