Seriatopora Tissue Loss, worth fragging?

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Seriatopora, for over a year and they have been doing quite well. I've fragged it a few times for other tanks. Now, all of a sudden it is showing signs of tissue loss, see pic. No other coral in the tank seems upset and a nearby frag of the same colony is doing fine. Of course, I've added my BRS carbon and am accelerating my water changes 30% last weekend, 30% this weekend, etc.

salinity = 35
mg = 1500
alk = 8.3
calc = 400

So, the questions is:

Would it be a good strategy to frag the colony and save what I can? or am I better off just leaving it alone and hoping for the best?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

20190614_082351.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Seriatopora, for over a year and they have been doing quite well. I've fragged it a few times for other tanks. Now, all of a sudden it is showing signs of tissue loss, see pic. No other coral in the tank seems upset and a nearby frag of the same colony is doing fine. Of course, I've added my BRS carbon and am accelerating my water changes 30% last weekend, 30% this weekend, etc.

salinity = 35
mg = 1500
alk = 8.3
calc = 400

So, the questions is:

Would it be a good strategy to frag the colony and save what I can? or am I better off just leaving it alone and hoping for the best?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

20190614_082351.jpg
I'd frag some and let the rest alone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back