Seriatopora Tissue Loss, worth fragging?

Mono

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
539
Reaction score
512
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Seriatopora, for over a year and they have been doing quite well. I've fragged it a few times for other tanks. Now, all of a sudden it is showing signs of tissue loss, see pic. No other coral in the tank seems upset and a nearby frag of the same colony is doing fine. Of course, I've added my BRS carbon and am accelerating my water changes 30% last weekend, 30% this weekend, etc.

salinity = 35
mg = 1500
alk = 8.3
calc = 400

So, the questions is:

Would it be a good strategy to frag the colony and save what I can? or am I better off just leaving it alone and hoping for the best?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

20190614_082351.jpg
 
I've had Seriatopora, for over a year and they have been doing quite well. I've fragged it a few times for other tanks. Now, all of a sudden it is showing signs of tissue loss, see pic. No other coral in the tank seems upset and a nearby frag of the same colony is doing fine. Of course, I've added my BRS carbon and am accelerating my water changes 30% last weekend, 30% this weekend, etc.

salinity = 35
mg = 1500
alk = 8.3
calc = 400

So, the questions is:

Would it be a good strategy to frag the colony and save what I can? or am I better off just leaving it alone and hoping for the best?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

20190614_082351.jpg
I'd frag some and let the rest alone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new