Serious green hair algae problem 2 month already

Nokiaec11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chocolate chip starfish are not Herbivore they predator and will kill corals they don't eat algae
All Starfish eat algae, they will relatively eat anything they craw on that is eatable...I worked in a LFS for for 3yrs, was part owner for 2 of those 3yrs...when I was a grad student studying Biology...I owned a car when I was 16, and many more through the yrs upto 48, but that does not make me a master mechanic. You are correct they will eat corals, all Star fish will, that's why I tell people only use them if they have no corals in the tank..I have used them in fish only stystems and then returned them after algae is controlled, because they will eat anything when they get hungry even small fish that they can get to when the fish sleep/rest at night when the lights are out.

OP
OP
Marloz king

Marloz king

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Starfish eat algae, they will relatively eat anything they craw on that is eatable...I worked in a LFS for for 3yrs, was part owner for 2 of those 3yrs...when I was a grad student studying Biology...I owned a car when I was 16, and many more through the yrs upto 48, but that does not make me a master mechanic. You are correct they will eat corals, all Star fish will, that's why I tell people only use them if they have no corals in the tank..I have used them in fish only stystems and then returned them after algae is controlled, because they will eat anything when they get hungry even small fish that they can get to when the fish sleep/rest at night when the lights are out.
sorry you’re very wrong I an expert aquarist since I was 12 my family used to have marine aquario in florida and I never see an starfish eating algae they get stresful around algae specially green hair algae so sorry to tell you that you’re wrong my friend

Nokiaec11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry you’re very wrong I an expert aquarist since I was 12 my family used to have marine aquario in florida and I never see an starfish eating algae they get stresful around algae specially green hair algae so sorry to tell you that you’re wrong my friend
Someone asked a question who pays $600 for a powerhead...I am still paying back $130K for 2 degrees...I could have just worked with you..

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that anemone is 4 years old already hahaha trust me if she didn't died in 4yrs she woudn't died now

I thought you said it was a newer tank. Thats a crazy algae problem for a tank that old of a tank. I think i saw that algae when mine was a few months old and never again.

OP
OP
Marloz king

Marloz king

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you said it was a newer tank. Thats a crazy algae problem for a tank that old of a tank. I think i saw that algae when mine was a few months old and never again.
not its not crazy even the ocean can change it chemistry if the environment condition are not in a good balance

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back