Serious issue with Apex Classic

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days ok I got a power outage for around 10 seconds. All my equipment is connected to apex. After that outage I heard a beep from ATO and main pump so I assumed everything restarted and didn't check manually.
After 24 hours I noticed my tank looks different and it turned out most of the equipment didn't even start! Only some of them restarted.

- Apex was offline, I wasn't able to connect through apexfusion nor locally
- my powerbar flashed orange
- I didn't get notification apex is offline!
- I checked settings of each outlet and I have them set as "fallback ON"

Anyone experienced similar things with Apex Classic? Is this something common or only for older version? Maybe something with configuration? While I am at home I can change my habbits and remember to check whole system after each power outage but when I am on a vacation or something like that I am not able to do so and this makes me anxious.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power surges and outage are hard on all generations of Apex unfortunately. At this point, I have to assume something is fried, probably at least the head unit, but possibly every module connected to it as well. If this was a configuration problem, you'd at least have the EB8 connected to the head unit.

n1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days ok I got a power outage for around 10 seconds. All my equipment is connected to apex. After that outage I heard a beep from ATO and main pump so I assumed everything restarted and didn't check manually.
After 24 hours I noticed my tank looks different and it turned out most of the equipment didn't even start! Only some of them restarted.

- Apex was offline, I wasn't able to connect through apexfusion nor locally
- my powerbar flashed orange
- I didn't get notification apex is offline!
- I checked settings of each outlet and I have them set as "fallback ON"

Anyone experienced similar things with Apex Classic? Is this something common or only for older version? Maybe something with configuration? While I am at home I can change my habbits and remember to check whole system after each power outage but when I am on a vacation or something like that I am not able to do so and this makes me anxious.
I think this happen once when I was moving my apex classic. Was not an issue cause of the situation. Do you have your heartbeat configured? I always thought that this was the notification for power outage and internet failure.

I have my apex connected to a wifi enabled plug so I can remotely restart the apex if necessary. Alternatively I think the classic has a 12v power connection that you can use with a battery backup in case of power outage. That maybe worth looking in to as well.

n1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention, when I remove and plug in again that USB which connects power bar with main uint, everything is working fine.
Does this mean that your apex brain was working but unable to communicate with your EB8? Not sure how this works, but if this was the case I think there would an error in fusion highlighting this.

OP
OP
lost66

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have your heartbeat configured?
I just checked it was set as disabled. Weird, I am pretty sure I received notifications some time ago when apex was offline. Maybe something has changed during some updates or something. Anyway, good catch. I turned it on and I will test it in next few days (it claims it has to be working fine for at least 24h to work properly)
Does this mean that your apex brain was working but unable to communicate with your EB8?
Brain was turned on. Some LED lights on the bottom where working, for instance ethernet cable LED.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back