serpent stars and clams

Rick Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a serpent star in my tank and I just got a small squamosa clam. do you think I should give them away. any advice would be great
 
i have always wanted stars in my tank to help with the sand but every time i google any star with clam there is always a story of the star eating the clam. 1 story is enough for me not to get one. these clams are way too expensive to have a star take its time eating it overnight.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Hec I have them in a bucket I love these guys hate to do this but just spent a bunch on 3 bad *** squamies .I feed the stars by hand on a regular basis .
 
The stars are going back to there bad *** captive life I give them. I will let all know what happened
 
I have a serpent starfish in the same tank with my clam and it doesn't even go near it. They've been in the same tank for about 6 months.
 
I have kept serpents and clams together for years and haven't had any issues with the serpents eating the clam.
 
I had a rogue serpent star that would eat snails and crabs. This was before clams.... I wouldn't chance 600 dollars of clams for a 15 dollar serpent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new