Serpent Stars and Flatworm Exit

ajtomase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
162
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have a case of planaria flatworms in my Hammer and Octo garden, and I also have a red serpent star (along with other sea stars and a cleaner shrimp). Has anyone experience negative effect from Flatworm Exit and serpent stars, even when running carbon post-treatment??


Thanks!
 
I am also interested. I emailed Salifert to ask if the Planaria Toxin is only toxic to Fish, or can also kill other critters, like snails, hermits, and more importantly copepods and other living organisms. One of my systems has no fish, but it does have corals, and the typical tiny critters that keep our tanks healthy. If only toxic to fish then I wouldn't mind running the treatment longer to make sure I kill all planaria in the tank with no fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new