Setting an on/off on Reefkeeper lite

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set a timer to come on at 0600 and stay on for 12 hours and go off then repeat the next day. I think I figured out how to set the timer. Yay Me!
Can't see how to make that timer control the outlet. Can any one explain this?

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use the my reef 2.0 web site. Makes it a lot easier to see what you can do with the controller. Down load it from digital aquatics web site to a lap top plug the lap top into the last open port on the controller using the supplied SID v2. If a port isn't open unplug the I temp and plug it in there. All your modules show up on the screen and its a matter of drop down menus that you pick and chose what you want what to do . I have been in this hobby for 15 years and I just purchased a controller ( probably because after all these years its the only thing I never tried). Can be very confusing using the controller to adjust settings , my reef 2.0 made it very easy to see what the heck I was doing!

OP
OP
moseley75

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have are a pc-4 a temp probe and a display. There are two ports on the pc-4 labeled as bus one for the display and one for the temp probe. No cord to connect my laptop. No other ports except the receptacles. The instructions I downloaded are not clear at all. I think I figured out how to make it work as an on/ off timer so I can turn on the light for 12 hours and off for 12. Which is what I wanted to do. I need to look into other modules.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanted to hook it up to your lap top , you can purchase the SID v2 cable for $25 . It would plug into the bus cable that the temp probe is plugged into . You can set up the timers, you can have the outlet where your heater is plugged into turn off if tank temp reaches X number of degrees incase the heater fails in the "on "position . You can program what plugs you want to be in standby mode when feeding or doing maintenance. There is still a lot of things you can program even with just the one power strip . After you make all your settings you unplug the SID and plug back in the temp probe. Plus if there are any firmware updates to the unit you can update the same way. It would be a good idea to have that cable anyway.

OP
OP
moseley75

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the cable is a great idea. I just didn't have one today so I had to figure out how to create an on/off event in the display. I think I was able to get it. I'll find out soon enough if it worked.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can change everything from the units control box . I am old and not very tech savvy, I found it much easier using my reef 2.0 from the lap top...... once I you tubed were to plug the dang thing in at !!!! scrolling through that tiny screen menu options confused me . Plus , its really cool that im using a lap top on my reef tank!!! :cool: Hope you got it to work .

neverenough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your using it for a light just go into modules, select the outlet no., then select function and pick light. It will then ask for an on time and an off time. Set default to on and save. Can be done through the head unit.

OP
OP
moseley75

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the feedback. From what I'm seeing here it looks as if I got it right. I needed a timer for yesterday and today I'll get a more permanent solution this weekend.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back