setting up 75 gallon reef aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter RAreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RAreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Location
Elfers FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up 75 gallon reef aquarium it isn't my first however it has been 3 years and it is my first by myself without my long time partner of 18 years so I'm kind of lost at some of the mechanics of everything. Some suggestions would be so helpful please. It is drilled I'm getting the plumbing for that. I'm going to order a mag motor however wanting to know if I should go with the mag 9? Using a 40 gallon breeder tank for sump so I can have room for skimmer and refugium (need recommendation for light for refugium ) I thought about 150 pounds of live sand? I have live rock. I have sea swirls x 2 plus ordering couple other wave makers. I have automatic dosing machines. I think most important is the lighting I want leds I'm not rich I have a friend that will sell me his but has to sell contains of his tank so if that doesn't happen I need back up plan... some suggestions would be great I always have a mixed coral tank. I hope I'm not forgetting anything. Any help would be great. I'm going with the ASM skimmer I swear by them and always have they have never failed me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new