Setting up a Frag System in a garage

LikeRichMahogany

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Messages
95
Reaction score
31
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone provide me some direction with keeping a frag system in the garage? I want to setup a coral frag system in my garage at home. Currently I have 2 40 Breeders and have recently purchased a 50 Gallon Lowboy Frag Tank. 4'x2'x12" tall.

I have a 1 Car Garage I would like to use for my new Frag Tank. There is crawl space access, and no drywall or anything is up, but the garage is heated and cooled, and there is a dehumidifer in the garage.

My biggest concerns are with bugs getting in, and if that will cause issues with the tank. We don't have issues with cockroaches or anything like that, but we live in Ohio, and we get mayflies that usually find their way into the garage and I get lots of that kind of stuff in the spring, in addition to lots of spiders and silverfish. We live in a marshy area, with lots of Trees and Woods around us, so bugs are a given.

How can I prevent this from being an issue?
 
Put a screen top on the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new