Setting up invert QT tank?

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start an invert QT tank just to reduce the risk of hitchhikers. The hermits seem easy enough to feed since they will eat any pellets or other food I put in there but what about the snails?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try feeding seaweed, algae pellets/wafers or something else. You could also potentially try "snail-o" which is just something like gelatin + powderized algae (something like Repashy's Soilent Green). Then there's the tried and true method of growing algae in the display tank, and then transferring that to the QT. You could do this by adding something like coral frag disks/tiles and waiting for algae to grow on them, and then transferring them as needed into the QT (make sure to bleach them after they've had the algae eaten off to make sure that no nasties get into the tanks!)

OP
OP
L

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try feeding seaweed, algae pellets/wafers or something else. You could also potentially try "snail-o" which is just something like gelatin + powderized algae (something like Repashy's Soilent Green). Then there's the tried and true method of growing algae in the display tank, and then transferring that to the QT. You could do this by adding something like coral frag disks/tiles and waiting for algae to grow on them, and then transferring them as needed into the QT (make sure to bleach them after they've had the algae eaten off to make sure that no nasties get into the tanks!)
I’ll try algae pellets and wafers. It’s a new tank so not a ton of algae in the DT and I’m afraid my old tank has Dinos so I don’t want to put them in there.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 33 27.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back