Setting up new 60g cube

A1C49F47-EA89-42C7-93FB-77E81D7402EF.jpeg
Decided to build my own ATO out of some recycled windows
07C7C28C-095D-45D2-8DCF-26A82D61EF95.jpeg
EB5DC4C5-DF83-4FBD-A95C-A3BCE94C7603.jpeg
129CB3E9-29B2-4777-8D17-B26F64A84F89.jpeg
2FCE7A33-C638-4ABE-8804-C8623A723D32.jpeg
E431180B-517E-4017-A8C4-BF85ACA698F9.jpeg

D5E04CF8-DC90-4BC7-8A8C-F1D7A4EA06D3.jpeg


07F4303F-4B83-4F7B-8CF0-B3650E740862.jpeg
 
I glued the lid on so it’s airtight but I did drill a hole on top and added a murlok bulkhead for 1/4 tubing to control air pressure
 
But first the leak test
5FBE8ACF-F4AA-420E-A977-390F5E48FB59.jpeg
By now you might be wondering why this tank is sitting on an L shaped styrofoam
 
Before I answer. A trail test through the worst wear and tear a tank could only wake up in a nightmare from
Toddlers......
476643A4-EC3B-482B-94BB-60CCBC356D0A.jpeg

God how much I love them so
 
Before I answer. A trail test through the worst wear and tear a tank could only wake up in a nightmare from
Toddlers......
476643A4-EC3B-482B-94BB-60CCBC356D0A.jpeg

God how much I love them so
Reminds me of my grandson! Interesting build looking forward to more updates.
 
10gallons is a nice upgrade and it works great
F70F820E-AC77-419D-A013-F218652763D9.jpeg
47DF3C8D-814B-4191-9C9E-02FD09D1A6D9.jpeg
E3463E0C-C6DF-4276-841C-7C1E51A94E3A.jpeg

In the last pic I have the breather, it only allows air in and I pull it off when I fill up to allow air out.
4C934171-5CCA-41A4-AA09-E286063E4F84.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new