Setting up redsea reefer 500

  • Thread starter Thread starter syte
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

syte

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2022
Messages
20
Reaction score
9
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have a brand new redsea reefer 500 that I never got a chance to setup until now. Looking through the forums has got me a bit scared. So many cases of tank failures. It seems like there is an unacknowledged design issue within the tank itself that Redsea has avoided dealing. Now that I'm in this situation, what do you guys suggest I do? Is there a way to fix the design issues in the tank itself? It would be awful to have to get rid of a brand new tank because the manufacture is trying to hide a design flaw. Thoughts? Also, I don't think I'll be buying anymore Redsea products any time soon. It's how they're handling this situation that I have an issue with :(. Why won't they just do a recall.
 
Hey guys,

I have a brand new redsea reefer 500 that I never got a chance to setup until now. Looking through the forums has got me a bit scared. So many cases of tank failures. It seems like there is an unacknowledged design issue within the tank itself that Redsea has avoided dealing. Now that I'm in this situation, what do you guys suggest I do? Is there a way to fix the design issues in the tank itself? It would be awful to have to get rid of a brand new tank because the manufacture is trying to hide a design flaw. Thoughts? Also, I don't think I'll be buying anymore Redsea products any time soon. It's how they're handling this situation that I have an issue with :(. Why won't they just do a recall.
Yeah to me not worth it. I had a red sea, didnt know about all the seam breaks and saw it slowly starting to happen in my 70 (looked like the silicone was peeling from the tank) and I took it down. I really would just sell it and cut your losses. You cant fix the issue yourself, its a design issue, and they wont admit thats what it is so they ignore it. I say save yourself the headache
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new