Setting up Trigon & adding fish

SkyeDiesel

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2022
Messages
20
Reaction score
48
Location
Dartford
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a long road setting up my Juwel Trigon I finally got to the day of getting it wet and adding fish .. it wasn't as stressful as my very first tank but certainly didn't go without a hitch though !
After letting everything settle for a day it was time to add the fish, I decided to use ATM colony so off to the shops I went ! .. 2 clowns (Snow flake and a Ocellaris ) as well as 2 Banggai cardinals.
Once home I quickly floated the bags and started acclimating.. I held the bags open with pegs against the side .. After walking away for a second or 2 I heard a peg ping off.. and the snowflake was in .. oh well she's in now ! Carried on acclamating then ready to add the Banggai's .. put the bag in a jug to fish them out only to find both of them were crushed in the corners of the bag ‍ omg what else is going to go wrong ! .. put them in and they quickly disappeared ! .. lucky enough the little clown went in without no drama ! .
I watched for 5 mins and the snowflake was loving it ! The Banggai's were hiding over the back and the little clown didn't look like he was having a good time ..
https://youtube.com/shorts/2JyGI2FEJqU?feature=share
I had to walk away and leave them to it .. I looked in after another 10 mins and there they all were like friends .. phew !
https://youtube.com/shorts/bFcFzV0i-po?feature=share
20220930_185341.jpg IMG-20221001-WA0013.jpeg
 
"put the bag in a jug to fish them out only to find both of them were crushed in the corners of the bag ‍"

This is the reason I alway request double bags with the inside bag being upside down so there are no corners for the fish to get trapped in.

That looks look the perfect tank for that location in your home.
 
Thank you .. always wanted that type of tank .
I be a bit more prepared for the next fish..
 
I like the design of the tank and how well it fits in the corner like that!!
 
I like the design of the tank and how well it fits in the corner like that!!
I've moved tanks since then .. same tank but newer .. the old tank had so many scratches inside that I was noticing the scratches as much as looking at the fish
 

Attachments

  • 20230107_172252.jpg
    20230107_172252.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 46

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new