Sexing C. haematopterus

  • Thread starter Thread starter TvanB1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2014
Messages
815
Reaction score
936
Location
San Jose
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a healthy looking C. haematopterus from my LFS today. There are some older forums and papers that show differences in sex but most of the pictures don’t exist anymore. Wondering if anyone has any info regarding the sexing of this fish.
thanks
 
Cyprinus? Or Corythoichthys? If it's cyprinus, then I hope you have it in freshwater, and you might try the tubercles.

If it's corythoichthys (pipefish), I don't have any firsthand experience, but don't the males have a wider abdomen or something to aid in holding the eggs?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new