Sexy shrimp eating my Duncan?

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, newbie here, Sexy shrimp has been hanging out on my Duncan for a couple of days and I noticed the coloration on the stem has been decreasing not sure why or maybe I’m overthinking it? Hopefully pictures aren’t too bad lmk if I need to remove him he loves to hang out on the frag rack. I target feed my coral enough to leave leftovers for him daily. Has he targeted my duncan? The green coloration has spots of off white on it and just wanted to play it safe as I plan to add more sexys. Parameters are trending within range except my nitrates we’re at 1.54 (Hanna) and phosphates are below .25ppm not exactly where as I’ve yet to acquire the Hanna phosphate checker but I’m using api. Duncan closed up after I had to shake the sexy off (not scared at all!) TIA

A6287133-0D43-4CF0-81B5-3D55B273740E.jpeg 512D0BD2-F6AE-47FF-A3EF-08822362EEC1.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your duncan doesn't look "perky", so there might be another underlying cause (I don't think it's the shrimp). I agree with the above suggestion that it might be getting stung, so I'd try moving it away from any hammers and torches.

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your duncan doesn't look "perky", so there might be another underlying cause (I don't think it's the shrimp). I agree with the above suggestion that it might be getting stung, so I'd try moving it away from any hammers and torches.
It’s always open I just shook it to get the sexy off and it closed up, perky how?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That things huge! (It’s what she said) no but really nice looking Duncan I see we have the same frag rack
Thanks. You can see what a happy Duncan can look like. They will except frozen food and they will grow faster. Target feed once a week or every other week.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back