Sexy shrimp fighting over possible mate?

keringabriel

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
lansing
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I've had sexy shrimp for almost a year now and every time I see to purchase around 5, I end up with three no matter what a few months later. I tried to remove anything that might possibly be killing them however I've never seen aggression displayed from my clowns towards it nor have my cleaner and peppermint shrimp attacked it that I've seen. I've since theorized after watching the video above that perhaps maybe the males sexies killed each other while attempting to gain the attention of the female? Idk what are your thoughts?

Update: my tank is 20 gallons and it's residents are

2 clownfish
3 peppermint shrimp
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 high fin goby/pistol shrimp
2 sea urchins
1 Pom Pom crabs
1 porcelain crabs
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4457.mov
    75.8 MB
You are correct in your assumptions. Males will kill one another when courting, also cleaner shrimp will kill sexy shrimp at times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new