Sexy shrimp hosting Anemone

Coley88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded tanks recently and moved over my anemone and sexy shrimp. The anemone has moved up on the glass and the sexy shrimp is hiding in the macro alge. Should I help the shrimp find the anemone or wait it out? I worry the sexy shrimp uses the anemone for protection from other bigger crabs and shrimp and is vulnerable without the anemone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I upgraded tanks recently and moved over my anemone and sexy shrimp. The anemone has moved up on the glass and the sexy shrimp is hiding in the macro alge. Should I help the shrimp find the anemone or wait it out? I worry the sexy shrimp uses the anemone for protection from other bigger crabs and shrimp and is vulnerable without the anemone.
If anemone is climbing glass, its likely either insufficient light and/or water flow. Assure the nem does not make its way to the powerhead which will not end well. For shrimp - assure safe hiding spots are provided

OP
OP
Coley88

Coley88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the shrimp?
The shrimp came out of hiding last night in the quest to find the anemone. I don’t think he can reach it tho. He has some safe places to hide and survived before the anemone but I just feel sad for the little fella .

OP
OP
Coley88

Coley88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anemone is climbing glass, it’s likely either insufficient light and/or water flow. Assure the nem does not make its way to the powerhead which will not end well. For shrimp - assure safe hiding spots are provided
I have to agree on the flow, the flow at the top of the tank it great but not so much at the bottom. I ordered a second wave maker and installed it but it sucked up all my macro alge and it was just a disaster. I have a different one on order now set to arrive Saturday, hopefully this one works better.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My usual recommendation is to let things be, but in this case sexy shrimp are sitting ducks without the anemone, so moving it (at least closer) will increase the odds of survival.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back