Sfiligoi xr6 vs ATI powermodule

  • Thread starter Thread starter dh350twin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dh350twin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
988
Reaction score
272
Location
kent island md
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am currently debating on switching my lights. I have a 72x30x24 sps dominant mixed reef. Yes I want my cake and eat it to.....lol. I love sticks but also enjoy having zoas, favias, scolys,etc as accent coral.
The tank was recently relocated to a different room and ran fallow for 72 days from a velvet outbreak. All new reef saver rock went into main display while 200lbs of cured existing rock went into the refugium connected. And then removed after 3 months.
I used to have a 60in sunpower with reefbrites over this tank and it did its job, however when I moved it I always wanted to try halides 400 watt radiums. Which is why I now run a sfiligoi 6foot halide T5 combo
I am considering switching to the 60in powermodule as my lps just doesn't seem to like the halide. I must note the current fixture has 4 T5 bulbs in it which runs 9 hrs a day and reefbrites for accent. The halides run 3-4 hrs a day. The light is 14 in over the water.
My Params have been stable the whole time
Cal 450
Alk 9.3
Mg 1400
Nitrate 5
Phos .04
Some sticks look good some look washed out. And all lps look meh. Not terrible but not like I'm used to. So this is why I am considering switching to powermodule and I am curious to experiment with the leds as well.
Any advice or opinions appreciated and other questions to anything I forgot to add.
Thanks to anyone who can assist in this decision or offer any other options for achieving a sps mixed reef solutions.
Don
 
A crappy pic of the tank and light about 2 months ago so it was 2 months old

4461765317d04447b97381e7beeb375f.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new