Resized_20200829_092612.jpeg
Resized_20200829_092615.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canister leaking. Ordered parts from Amazon Amazon says tomorrow. Who wants to guess whe they arrive
I got a notification today that my recent Amazon order was "lost." Who knows where it went! ;Sour
I am going to die laughing if you get each other’s stuff.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be really funny.
I hope you get what you ordered. You prob will end up with the parts I ordered.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a notification today that my recent Amazon order was "lost." Who knows where it went! ;Sour
Amazon customer service: I am sorry to hear that unfortunately since the earth is flat your package more than likely floated off the edge of the earth which is considered an act of God. Therefore, we are unable to refund your purchase. We can however offer you a 1% discount on your next purchase to not exceed $40.00. Thank you for being a loyal costumer and have a great day
Me: :|

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be really funny.
I hope you get what you ordered. You prob will end up with the parts I ordered.

If I get canister parts and @sfin52 gets a bathroom scale, vitamins, and Baby Shark bath toys, we will know that the switch happened!! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to @cosmicbread I came up with a name for my short spine rock urchin. Vlad the impaler seems fitting.

This tank emerged as a place to relocate Ivan the Terrible, my hitchhiking rock boring urchin, from a macro-dominated 50g. It will also house some LPS corals that the Valentini puff in the same tank has decided are rather tasty.

Figured I could have some fun with it, so it will be a bit of an experiment. For the moment, it is by a window that only gets morning sun. I have three mangrove seedlings that I've moved over, and have since ordered ten more for this tank. I may play around with potting a few in mud in-tank...

I will periodically add macro cuttings, with the expectation that Ivan may eat any macros I place in here.

I'm thinking to keep it for cool inverts, and maybe a small goby or two (mantis ended up moving in, but I might consider a small angler fish down the line). The intention is to create something low tech, low cost, low effort, and nice to look at since it is in our living room.

Equipment
Aqueon 20 gallon long glass tank.
Spare Finnex freshwater LED, to be used only in the later half of the day. I'll need to play around with the lighting schedule on this one.
Aquatop heater with guard, I think 100W.
Hydor Koralia powerhead.
Need to add HOB of some sort, thinking AC 70.

Hardscape
??? lb live rock that was sitting in someone's fallow tank for a year before given to me for free.
Aragonite sand.

Critters
Ivan the rock boring urchin.
Glockenspiel the mantis (Geonodactylaceus sp).
1-3 LPS from my DT (one turquoise Caribbean rose coral, two hitchhiking cup and tube corals).
Assorted snails.

Here it is, set up to make sure the rock is cycled (hence the lower water volume, I'll be fixing that soon). Basically tossed the seedlings in for the moment.
IMG_9461.jpeg

Scape is incomplete, since it will need to make room for two additional rocks. Some nice hair algae on these rocks...Ivan will appreciate it.
IMG_9460.jpeg

Ivan (deleted the vid since I dunno if it was working).
IMG_9463.jpeg
cosmicbread is setting up a tank just for Ivan the Terrible.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back