Sfin's Dream.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a vikings fan but riverboat ron was agreat coach.
Not his fault the team started falling apart.
Rookies and UDFA do not make o-line starters. And when you start looking at our depth..or lack thereof it gets really disturbing. I don’t understand how teams like the Patriots and the Seahawks can consistently make such great personnel moves and keep their rosters strong top to bottom year after year, but we have people like Greg Little starting on the o-line getting beat more often than not. I mean there has been so many possessions this year that have gone “run up the middle, -2 yards. Pass play, sack. Pass play, sack. Punt”

Against the Falcons, the stadium emptied out in the third quarter. A stadium that sells out for every game.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rookies and UDFA do not make o-line starters. And when you start looking at our depth..or lack thereof it gets really disturbing. I don’t understand how teams like the Patriots and the Seahawks can consistently make such great personnel moves and keep their rosters strong top to bottom year after year, but we have people like Greg Little starting on the o-line getting beat more often than not. I mean there has been so many possessions this year that have gone “run up the middle, -2 yards. Pass play, sack. Pass play, sack. Punt”

Against the Falcons, the stadium emptied out in the third quarter. A stadium that sells out for every game.
I think the same way about the bears

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the same way about the bears
In my memory, the panthers have made one quality trade. Stealing Greg Olsen from the bears for a third round pick. You guys drafted him in the first round and traded him to us one year later I think.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Magellan From a panthers fan do you think they should keep Cam or time to reboot now?
Cam as a pocket passer is average. Full stop. Average. The numbers strongly support that statement. As a threat to run at 6’5, with nasty juke moves and more power than any RB he was a monster for years. But Father Time is cruel. How long do most running backs not named Frank Gore get to play in the league? Cam played like a running back, and now his body appears to be breaking down. Just can’t see keeping him for 22 million next year when Kyle Allen is making 600k.

when we lost the super bowl in 2015, I knew we would never make it back with Cam or Ron, and said so...

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cam as a pocket passer is average. Full stop. Average. The numbers strongly support that statement. As a threat to run at 6’5, with nasty juke moves and more power than any RB he was a monster for years. But Father Time is cruel. How long do most running backs not named Frank Gore get to play in the league? Cam played like a running back, and now his body appears to be breaking down. Just can’t see keeping him for 22 million next year when Kyle Allen is making 600k.

when we lost the super bowl in 2015, I knew we would never make it back with Cam or Ron, and said so...
I agree and also with multiple shoulder surgeries him being a pocket passer going forward may be an issue long term for him.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree and also with multiple shoulder surgeries him being a pocket passer going forward may be an issue long term for him.
Exactly...both on his throwing arm. This offseason the hype was that he had “reinvented his throwing motion”. As a fan I went “oh NO!”. You don’t fix what’s not broke...unless it IS ACTUALLY BROKE!

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post..this is coming from someone who strongly believes that all football teams are built on the line. If your o-line can run/pass block, your offense will be successful. If not, forgetaboutit. Same goes for the defense. The 2001 Buccaneers are the absolute perfect example, they won a super bowl with monsters up front on O and D.... Brad Johnson who? Oh that’s right, their qb was milquetoast and it didn’t matter. (Can you sense the frustration with my franchise?)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Dallas of the 90s where beasts on the line. If Sanders had holes like emit the rushing record would have been broken years earlier.

Can is below average passing in pocket. I would not want him on the bears if he can't run. He likes giving the hits.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Dallas of the 90s where beasts on the line. If Sanders had holes like emit the rushing record would have been broken years earlier.

Can is below average passing in pocket. I would not want him on the bears if he can't run. He likes giving the hits.
I wish I had been a boomer and gotten to grow up watching real football..all I get are occasional clips of Barry Sanders and big hit highlight reels.

Madden lets me play with the legends though, and for that I can forgive EA for the heinous-ness of their product the last couple of years!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had been a boomer and gotten to grow up watching real football..all I get are occasional clips of Barry Sanders and big hit highlight reels.

Madden lets me play with the legends though, and for that I can forgive EA for the heinous-ness of their product the last couple of years!
Sanders was the greatest rb I've ever seen. He was a ghost on the field. People went to takle him and came up with air. Very rarely did individuals get a good hit on him. His o line was so horrible he was makkng moves in the behind the line all the time.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the participation trophy for being in the NFC Least
Redskins are 3-9 and have a mathematical chance at the playoffs. They have absolutely got to stop giving home playoff games to any team that can be slightly less terrible than 3 other teams...it’s almost like it’s a way to insure that certain teams (clears throat..PATRIOTS) always make the playoffs. Buffalo, Miami, and the Jets. I mean come tf on. If you can name a more imbalanced division over the past 2 decades I’m all ears.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redskins are 3-9 and have a mathematical chance at the playoffs. They have absolutely got to stop giving home playoff games to any team that can be slightly less terrible than 3 other teams...it’s almost like it’s a way to insure that certain teams (clears throat..PATRIOTS) always make the playoffs. Buffalo, Miami, and the Jets. I mean come tf on. If you can name a more imbalanced division over the past 2 decades I’m all ears.
+1
x100000

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back