Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And since we are honest people here, I will tell you ALL the truth. Every forum there is, VB, php, the one nano-reef uses (can't remember), etc. The admin has the ability to read PM's. There isn't like a built in tool for it, although they do have add ons that I would assume make it very easy.

But any site owner/admin could just go look into the databse if they wanted to read your PM's. (I would be the only one with access on Club-Zoa, the mods don't have server access. So if people are PM'ing stuff they shouldn't be on any boards... Someone could be watching, you really don't know. It's all about trust I guess.

I barely have time to read my own PM's let alone vamps... But I just wanted to put that information out there so they know that any forum you PM on, someone has access to those if they really wanted.
Thanks for clarifying this coralnutz.. :)

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why the change of heart since the RC thread?

coralnutz
Bryopsis Farmer

Well it's not like that on any forum. I have had the phpbb software and the vbulletin software and neither comes with built in fuctions to read PM's...

So for the sites that do employ these tactics they are taking extra steps to do so.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I didn't feel that this thread was good enough for me to post in a serious way, but I guess I have to put my 2cents out there. I have a few buddies on here that will vouch for the fact that I would not be part of something that was not 100% good for the whole.

If I did not believe in the goals of this community then I would not be part of it. I would give up my Mod status within the minute of finding out that CZ was doing something wrong behind people's back. This site was started on the basis of having a more open communication forum between coral keepers, and we have pushed for this despite our losses.

If any members ever have any issues with what is going on here PM me your email address and we can take it off the boards. I have a life off boards and it is more important than what goes on when I Log In.

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[thread]
Summary:
-Vamp decided not to be a sponsor anymore and ignored Coralnutz's PMs
-Vamp decides to advertise without being a sponsor
-Coralnutz rights the wrong
-Vamp cries and throws a fit, accusing mods of reading PMs (with no evidence)
-mods save the day
-these mods don't read PMs because they're nice people and aren't on a power trip

[/thread]

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
geez, for someone trying to import aussie acans and making big bucks.....cant even afford a measely $20/month sponsorship fee?

i'm so tired of all this whining, you guys have no clue how close we have been sometimes to getting rid of all sponsorship...

this crap is completely unecessary, a waist of our time, and kills our interest in the hobby.

there are alot of people here who need to be more greatful for the service we provide them.

thats all i'm gonna say on this topic...

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
geez, for someone trying to import aussie acans and making big bucks.....cant even afford a measely $20/month sponsorship fee?

i'm so tired of all this whining, you guys have no clue how close we have been sometimes to getting rid of all sponsorship...

this crap is completely unecessary, a waist of our time, and kills our interest in the hobby.

there are alot of people here who need to be more greatful for the service we provide them.

thats all i'm gonna say on this topic...

You know I get tired of every time a sponsor leaves there is a big thread that talks **** about them.

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know who started the thread but it should be stoped now before it get to out of hand.There is no reason to keep :horse:every time one leaves.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy...you have to admit...the sponsors that did leave are the ones are that took the offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back