Sharing GHL Light Projects? Don't be dumb like me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, most of you probably realize this. This is just one of those dumb, smack forehead, and proceed to crawl under a rock moments.
Or post it on the interwebs for all the world to see. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

My tank is recently set up and when I initially installed my Mitras LX7, lighting didn't matter since the tank was empty. Just needed to get it up and running.
I asked around and someone graciously shared a project file with me... since I was looking for something like the AB+ program as a starting point.
So I uploaded that (or at least thought I did), changed the times a bit and left it.
When I finally got the tank filled and started introducing livestock, I quickly made some tweaks and moved on.

But lately, I had been starting to really play around with it and was noticing some weird issues. I would move a slider up and down for one color led, noticing the color shift over the tank. Then I'd move another led slider that should have shifted the light more blue spectrum and instead the light was more white. What the heck?
I also noticed that when all sliders were at zero and I'd turn on just one, let's say one of the blues... I'd look under the Mitras and there would be one or two blue leds coming on but also some red ones. What the heck again?
I was also noticing that where it shows what your combined approximate color temperature is, I was having trouble getting it over like 12,000k. Why couldn't I get to something like 20,000k? Even though it looked pretty blue, the numbers just seemed off.
Wait... shouldn't there be a UV?

Then it finally hit me. :expressionless-face:
I closed out that project. I started a brand new one. I created a new Illumination Run and low and behold... the dang LED colors were different!!!
The project was from a different Mitras (freshwater version) with a different set of LED colors. And apparently, there is no way for the software to convert those colors to the new colors automatically.
Now it all worked like it was supposed to. Go figure. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

So don't be dumb like me! If you pick up a project from someone else, make sure it's using the correct colors.
Here's the difference. First image shows the colors loaded from Telegram's project, and the second is my now current project.

If you need me, I'll be under that rock.

1670681597048.jpeg

1670681820095.jpeg

Last edited:

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmmm. I use telegram’s program and the one I got looks nothing like the one you show. Did you get it directly from him ??

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. I use telegram’s program and the one I got looks nothing like the one you show. Did you get it directly from him ??
No, it was shared by someone else.
And pay no mind to the individual settings of the sliders, I had messed with those.
I'm just pointing out the change in led color channels.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at it the light project you got was set up using the spectrum of the Mitras LX7000, the freshwater version of the light.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at it the light project you got was set up using the spectrum of the Mitras LX7000, the freshwater version of the light.
Yup, that makes sense now. I must have mixed up the project I had received, with an old freshwater project I had.
Funny how you can have the completely wrong project loaded with and still transmit the changes in real time to the light, and then upload and run the wrong project. Only I would manage to figure that one out. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you share what it looks like? Im wanting to use it but im not able to find the project.

Back