Shark egg

  • Thread starter Thread starter alddb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alddb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
98
Reaction score
10
Location
buffalo
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago we saw tons of movement. Checked today and seen nothing. Has not been exposed to air. You can see full body in shell. Strips on body.
how do you know if he died or I just can’t figure out head from tail? The shell is not as hard as it was on first day. I waited a good ten minutes and no movement
 
Late term death is uncommon in shark eggs. What I do is just keep observing them, but bring it to near the surface and give it a sniff. If the baby shark has died inside the eggs, you’ll notice the smell after a couple of days.
Jay
 
Was moving three days ago. Check yesterday and nothing. Tried today and nothing. I smelled no odors. He looks fully developed with lines. But I couldn’t see any movement. Not even gill. I watched for a good 5 minutes and nothing. Looks like same position that he was in yesterday when I checked. Egg has no obvious fungus or anything. Just the algae.
Late term death is uncommon in shark eggs. What I do is just keep observing them, but bring it to near the surface and give it a sniff. If the baby shark has died inside the eggs, you’ll notice the smell after a couple of days.
Jay
 
C0CDF1C6-0289-4763-B82B-586FDA385D7B.jpeg
 
Darn - doesn't sound good, it should be actively moving. Still, unless it starts to decay (w/odor) I'd give it the benefit of doubt for now.

Jay
 
Late term death is uncommon in shark eggs. What I do is just keep observing them, but bring it to near the surface and give it a sniff. If the baby shark has died inside the eggs, you’ll notice the smell after a couple of days.
Jay
Jay is right. If it smells like rotten eggs, it's done
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new