Shark eggs

  • Thread starter Thread starter puckbs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

puckbs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
5
Location
Shirley
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it matter which end of the shark egg I hang it from/attach the clip to?
 
Ok, so apparently it doesn't matter. Both eggs hatched. I created a google slides presentation of progress for my students to follow along, I intend on posting the progress here.
 
Knowing shark eggs are cheap and available anywhere .
the sad thing about them .
most lfs will sell them to anyone knowing they are going to hatch In their 20 or 30 gal setup .
What happens with the shark when it’s 24” long after 12 months ?

Some public aquariums refuse to take them
 
Knowing shark eggs are cheap and available anywhere .
the sad thing about them .
most lfs will sell them to anyone knowing they are going to hatch In their 20 or 30 gal setup .
What happens with the shark when it’s 24” long after 12 months ?

Some public aquariums refuse to take them
I agree that shark eggs are often sold/purchased very carelessly but with the mention of students, I'm guessing these will be used for study.
 
I agree that shark eggs are often sold/purchased very carelessly but with the mention of students, I'm guessing these will be used for study.
I’ve always wanted to hatch one since the mid 90’s when I first noticed them. .
But not having the system required .

I’d be interested in seeing this study , even to know what kind of sharks .
 
There’s an interactive aquarium/zoo near where I live, they had shark eggs on display and you could see the pups moving in them. Would be kinda cool to have a dedicated tank to witness the whole process of their live. I mean, I couldn’t do it but, still be cool.
 
There’s an interactive aquarium/zoo near where I live, they had shark eggs on display and you could see the pups moving in them. Would be kinda cool to have a dedicated tank to witness the whole process of their live. I mean, I couldn’t do it but, still be cool.
I agree .
 
Knowing shark eggs are cheap and available anywhere .
the sad thing about them .
most lfs will sell them to anyone knowing they are going to hatch In their 20 or 30 gal setup .
What happens with the shark when it’s 24” long after 12 months ?

Some public aquariums refuse to take them
A quick drive to Galveston!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new