Shark Galaxies Series Smart LED Light

Zhewitt04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this light and wanted to know if anyone has used it and or have information on it. I can't find any videos on Youtube or anything. Seems to good to be true... so wanted some feed back from everyone. I am aware it is a Chinese fixture and not top notch quality. Thanks in advance.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this light and wanted to know if anyone has used it and or have information on it. I can't find any videos on Youtube or anything. Seems to good to be true... so wanted some feed back from everyone. I am aware it is a Chinese fixture and not top notch quality. Thanks in advance.
I followed the link. It looks like just another inexpensive aquarium led light. Since it’s in Chinese I could not tell anything about the color spectrum, but just looking at the photo, it does not appear to have the correct ratio of blue LEDs for proper spectrum to grow coral. However, it would be fine for a fish only tank since it’s more just aesthetics.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I can't see the ratio of LEDs it's tough to evaluate it on the basis of wattage. Needs to be about 70% blue or you can't get the max PAR out of it without looking like a brackish freshwater tank. The Chinese brands are good at ripping off light designs, but funnily enough they often don't get the colors right :)

Looks a bit like Reef Breeders clone. Somebody else uses that big center LED but don't recall who.

OP
OP
Zhewitt04

Zhewitt04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the conscious it is not a adequate reef light? I am going to probably go with the Noopsyche K7 Pro II what is everyone thoughts on it?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back