Shark nose goby laid eggs!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boboe77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boboe77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
2
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I looked in my tank to find a shark nose goby missing and I continued to look and found one sitting in between a rock and a monti cap. I looked closely to see a little cluster of eggs. The goby has been guarding it and that's the reason why I couldn't find if for a few days. Any experience breeding these guys anyone? Thanks all
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1418753313.216954.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1418753330.845411.jpg


I put the rock that had the eggs in a breeder basket and now I'm just waiting for them to pop I guess.
 
I have Neon Goby larva in my larval snagger. They are quite small, and almost impossible to see. I am setting up a system to raise them, but not quite done yet.
 
Unfortunately everyone, the male goby passed. I'm planning on getting another and trying again. I do appreciate all the info because I will continue to try!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new