Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifully said! Lol

Ive got another Abyzz a200 arriving in a few days so they can ride on together in perfect ‘pump’ harmony!

It must be nice to simply order new equipment instead of cleaning/when your equipment gets dirty! :p ;Hilarious :p

(Totally joking and razzing you!)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be nice to simply order new equipment instead of/when your equipment gets dirty! :p ;Hilarious :p

(Totally joking and razzing you!)
Lol!

Me dirty myself by cleaning a pump.......!

No, it’s for a second return. The main Abyzz a200 feeds a UV-C, a rhowaphos reactor and in the hotter months a chiller and it’s maxed out (well at 86%) and I’m currently getting just around 3 x turnover through the sump. So when the chiller is in use that will drop. Everything‘s fine at the moment though.

So the second pump will create more flow, both will be turned down, but each can run the tank on its own if need be so it also covers redundancy. This is assuming I actually install it and don’t just keep it as a spare for backup to swap out, but the plan is to install it on the left hand side of the tank.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my new friends in the ‘big home’. Actually two of the Lyretail Anthias have/are changing to males, so I guess they’ll start fighting any time soon.

255FABA3-B0E3-42BA-B203-7341C9A128AD.jpeg

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank is coming up nicely.
The emperor angel is a beauty, and I am sure that it will be mush happier in the mew tank.
Thanks Fadi and yes I’m sure he will

Ill have no problem catching him. When I had the fish trap in there trying to catch some of the others, he was in it all the time after the food! Lol

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok boys and girls, altogether now aaahhhhh!

We go to pick our new best friend on Saturday 22nd February 2020 and how excited am I!

Things are sometimes meant to be, and I didn’t pick the date to visit (the breeder did), but exactly 4 years ago on the 22nd February 2016, my beautiful Labrador Charlie passed away..... thats some freeky coincidence or what.......

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cat passed about 18 months ago, also a Charlie, sit down with them, I bet one picks you! ;)
I think your right Simon, and sorry about your Charlie.

When we picked our Charlie, that’s what happened, he sort of came bumbling towards us and fell into a small bush bless him!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the final pieces of ‘engineering’ on my new system, is something I thought of a while ago regarding the waste saltwater from water changes

I have quiet a large block paved driveway and also patio area, and when I did manual water changes with buckets, I always threw the waste saltwater down the driveway. And I noticed that is had a good effect on keeping any moss/algae at bay, because of the salt which also helps prevent it re growing when used regularly.

So instead of using around 5 litres of Jeyes fluid (which isn’t cheap) or at least reducing the amount, I’ve installed a 1000 litre IBC container to collect and store the waste saltwater. And this will be hooked into a hose pipe and gravity fed to dispense the saltwater all around as and when required. I also have a 5000lph pond pump and very long hose as well for a bit of a quicker method

The thing that looks like a cannon, it the RODI waste pipe (and DOS tubing) covered with insulation to prevent any freezing issues.

C963DF6A-C2E1-45F3-9E61-5DC92647D28D.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968 - Hey Shaun... did you happen to see/reply to the thread I tagged you in where the member is asking for input on different CaRx's? He wanted to know about Deltec so I tagged you. He's also a Brit.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968 - Hey Shaun... did you happen to see/reply to the thread I tagged you in where the member is asking for input on different CaRx's? He wanted to know about Deltec so I tagged you. He's also a Brit.
Yes go it and replied.

And what do you mean 'I'm in love with it'! lol

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The weather is rubbish in England at the moment, so I need a break, (ok I know I was in Cape Verde a few weeks ago!) so I’ve decided to jump on my jet plane (well it belongs to Ryanair actually!) Monday and go and hit my golf balls far and wide for 7 days in Spain were, well it’s warm, generally not wet, and hot.

It was a difficult decision as you can imagine, but my body just craves the Mediterranean sun! Lol

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The weather is rubbish in England at the moment, so I need a break, (ok I know I was in Cape Verde a few weeks ago!) so I’ve decided to jump on my jet plane (well it belongs to Ryanair actually!) Monday and go and hit my golf balls far and wide for 7 days in Spain were, well it’s warm, generally not wet, and hot.

It was a difficult decision as you can imagine, but my body just craves the Mediterranean sun! Lol

You need a caddy? ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1.) Thanks for replying in that CaRx thread. Maybe you'll hear back from the OP.

2.) Number 1 in no way implies that I don't hate you for your last post.

:p

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! Birmingham 06.30 Monday and bring the vodka!

He wants you ( @najer ) to bring the vodka... Sheesh.

I think we're starting to see what a "wonderful friend" Shaun can be! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.) Thanks for replying in that CaRx thread. Maybe you'll hear back from the OP.

2.) Number 1 in no way implies that I don't hate you for your last post.

:p
You do make me laugh!! Lol

And that post you made in farm boys thread about ‘yes for the blind’ was hilarious! It makes me laugh as I’m typing! Lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do make me laugh!! Lol

And that post you made in farm boys thread about ‘yes for the blind’ was hilarious! It makes me laugh as I’m typing! Lol

Always happy to make someone laugh. It's not been a difficult task as people have been laughing at me most of my life. Awww, who am I kidding? They've been laughing all of my life! ;)

Speaking of @FARMBOYREEF ... I wonder if he follows/posts on other people's build threads. Or maybe he's one of these types that is like, "Hey everyone, look at me... look at me... no, really, LOOK AT ME because I really need all the attention and self-esteem confirmations and boosters I can get! Lol ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back