Shelf life of BRS CO2 scrubber pellets?

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about a year and 1/2 ago, I purchased the BRS color changing co2 absorbing pellets in an attempt to raise my pH. Not only did it not work but it also never changed color! So I gave up thinking co2 was not an issue in my living room. I started noticing the pH dropping a good bit recently so I tried leaving the window near the tank open at night. It made a slight but definite difference. So, I want to try the scrubber again. How long is the media good for? It's in the same container now for almost 2 years.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't answer the question on the shelf life but I will say give it a chance. I hooked up a BRS reactor to my skimmer with the pellets and it was night and day difference. My PH went from hovering around 7.8 to never dropping below 8.0 unless the media needs to be changed. I now have an alarm set up on my Apex alerting me if it drops below 8.0 so I know when to change the media.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using medical grade CO2 scrubber media with great result. It is way cheaper than BRS media

OP
OP
dangros

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@roberthu526 where are you getting it from?

So I gave the co2 scrubber another shot at about 9pm last night. Note the upper right side of the graph. Ph stopped dropping immediately. Soon as the lights went on this am, up it went. Still going up. For the record, I am using the BRS media in a Phosban Reactor 150 with a teaspoon of water at the bottom.

I have been using medical grade CO2 scrubber media with great result. It is way cheaper than BRS media

IMG_0144.PNG

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@roberthu526 where are you getting it from?

So I gave the co2 scrubber another shot at about 9pm last night. Note the upper right side of the graph. Ph stopped dropping immediately. Soon as the lights went on this am, up it went. Still going up. For the record, I am using the BRS media in a Phosban Reactor 150 with a teaspoon of water at the bottom.

IMG_0144.PNG

Google shopmedvet
I don't have the link right now but I think that's the website

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back