OP
OP
shim

shim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a huge update but added a maxima clam, a few hammers, a torch, alveopora, and candy cane corals. Yellow clown goby thinks he's a real clown fish and trying to host everything or getting it to host him, no rock flower anemones for me i guess.

Started seeing a bit of GHA but added a couple more snails and seem to be keeping it in check,mostly contained to the sand now. Water parameters seem stable, nitrates ~3, Phos 0.03, and I'm aiming to keep alk around 8.5. Calcium is always high hovering over 520-560. Using TMP salt and not dosing any other calcium, RODI @ 0 TDS.

The real tank light is in transit so hopefully delivered in a few weeks. Still on the lookout for that last fish.

IMG_3194.JPG
IMG_3197.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG

cody_brown11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate i bought the tunze pump after reading this as ive been looking very hard for a silent pump. It is dead silent in the water (not touching anything) but as soon as i put it in the back of the peninsula 25 it is super loud (reverberations and vibration from being in the chamber)
Is yours the same? How is yours silent but I cant get mine to be even remotely quiet?
Thanks hope to hear from you

Ocean Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate i bought the tunze pump after reading this as ive been looking very hard for a silent pump. It is dead silent in the water (not touching anything) but as soon as i put it in the back of the peninsula 25 it is super loud (reverberations and vibration from being in the chamber)
Is yours the same? How is yours silent but I cant get mine to be even remotely quiet?
Thanks hope to hear from you
I’ve got the same issue. Did you get yours to stop the vibrating sound? I haven’t got any further with my tank than trying to test the stock pump- stupidly noisy, brought the tunze silent pump and it just about fits with very little space around so vibrates. I’ve put the stock pump back in for now and trying to have the will power to have another attempt with the tunze

OP
OP
shim

shim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at the moment. I've been having some issues with an algae issue since we had to do an unplanned laundry room remodel and it took a lot more time away from the tank than I wanted. Think I'm dealing with Calothrix algae and will be doing a deep clean with our winter shutdown coming up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back