Shipped coral question

  • Thread starter Thread starter aceuass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aceuass

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some corals (Zoa`s, GSP, Blastomussa and a Green Pocillopora) being delivered today and was not expecting them (winter storm coming) but I have to be somewhere else, can I have one of my kids put the bags in the tank and leave them until later tonight when I get home, I figured that if they have been sitting in a box for a couple of days than sitting in the water of the tank they will end up will be ok, if not I will have to make other arrangements
 
Depending on how long they have been in the bags and if it's only been overnight, they should be fine floating in your tank until you get home.
 
Temperature is the largest issue, so getting them in the tank to maintain temperature should help a lot.
 
If they were just shipped last night, then most likely they haven't even been in a box for 24 hours yet. Corals that are transhipped from over overseas can be in a box for 50 hours or so, but you get some losses as well.
 
Yes temp acclimation is the first thing you should do.

IMPORTANT IMO:
Put the bag in the SUMP not floating on top of the water with 1,000 PAR cooking them in 1 inch of water. I feel this is a common cause of frag death. That, and dipping too soon before the frag has recovered from transit stress.
 
Thanks for the replies
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new