Shipping and temp question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ashton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ashton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
Location
Redmond, Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am shipping some stuff to someone in California from Seattle wa. Im just wondering if i need to include a heat pack. IN seattle the highs have been around 77 and at night it is upper 50's. I checked the weather in Oakland since thats where the packages seem to usually be routed thru and it shows the same temps upper 70's and lows upper 50's. And the package is going to LA area which has temps in the upper 80's and lows mid 60's. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks R2r
 
I just shipped three box's over there in the past two weeks. I just used the styro cooler and poked a nice big hole in the top for air. You should look at Memphis temp to. I mean right now is normally a coldpack time not a heat pack.
 
No heat pack, just a good insulated box. I would assume that you are shipping the package overnight? If you are shipping through FedEx Overnight keep in mind that the package will go to Memphis where tomorrow the high is 103.
 
Yea usually when i ship to the eastcoast they go thru memphis but in the past when i've shipped or received from California to Seattle, WA the packages go thru Oakland/Sacramento. And im shipping fedex overnight so im mainly concerned with the night time temps which are upper 50's- low 60's. Dont think I want a cold pack then but thats why Im asking to see what others have done this time of year.
 
Last edited:
I have never seen it go threw oaklen always Memphis. Memphis is where the HUB is.
 
I have had them go through

Ft worth
oakland
Indy
Memphis
 
I know when i've received stuff from Hawaii, it went from Hawaii to Oakland and then to Seattle. ANd when a seller shipped to me from California it also went to Oakland. But what do people suggest for the upper 50's and low 60 temps at night when its mid-upper 70s during the day.
 
I would suggest nothing with a hole.
 
i would ship with a cold pack or nothing at all. there is no place i would use a heat pack fro right now.
 
If you drop it off at Seattle, late afternoon and it goes to Memphis first, what time of day would it be there? It could be evening there with cooler temps. I'd go with just a insulated box.
 
Actually I just called fedex to confirm, the package will NOT be routed to memphis. It will go to Oakland before going to LA. So im just going to ship with a insulated box and cooler with some extra water and triple bag everything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new