Shipping coral during coronavirus

Is having coral shipped to me a good idea at this time?

  • Yes

    Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be risky, but go for it!

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Probably not, I wouldn’t try it if I were you

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • You’re crazy you have nothing to worry about

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    15

Will_WhatIsThis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
201
Reaction score
134
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I want to buy some coral online but I’m afraid that there might be shipping delays due to the virus, and my corals will arrive dead. Seems like everyone is still shipping out normally, so I feel like I’m worried about nothing. Maybe some dealers could help me out with this question? Thanks!
 
Definitely more risky than normal but from what I’m seeing most orders are being delivered on schedule.. Personally I would hold off on the more expensive exotic or delicate corals at this time but things like shrooms, zoanthids and gorgi’s would probably be fine even if delayed a day.
 
I've had no shipping delays, I've been shipping corals weekly since before covid19 and have seen no problems with shipping since it started.
 
Thanks for the replies. Seems like I was right about worrying about nothing.
 
I've bought several things, for several different people all round the US, I have had no issues with things being late or delayed.
 
I ordered some stuff over the weekend. I can let you know how it goes. Expecting one delivery today and the rest tomorrow.
 
I have had 2 acro orders shipped to me in the last 3 weeks. No delays on either order.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new