Shipping Corals, some questions!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,522
Reaction score
537
Location
Rochester
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 40hr packs. Just incase there is a shipping issue.

I don't think I'd be comfortable using those vials. I'v used urine specimen containers. They hold 4onces of water with a screw on top. I also have an assortment of bags.
For boxes I usually make my own or reuse the ones I have lying around.
 
Go with the 40 hour heat packs. They don't get as hot of a surface temp and are a safer option. If you use them pre-warm them a few hours before you ship by placing them in a towel or paper bag.
 
Do you have a link for the foam? I was able to find a 7x7x6 box already insulted for under four dollars.

How many frags would that hold? Is $3.50 per box a good deal? Or is it cheaper to buy the foam?
 
Do you have a link for the foam? I was able to find a 7x7x6 box already insulted for under four dollars.

How many frags would that hold? Is $3.50 per box a good deal? Or is it cheaper to buy the foam?

Post a link to the box. Sounds decent depending on what it is.

As for how many frags, depend on the size of the frags and how much water you fill the baggies. You should be able to fit 12-20 in there depending on the inner dimensions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new