shipping corals to a PO box?

dubge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever ship to a PO box? I know most if not all online stores will not ship livestock but I just had someone ask me to do it and I have never shipped to a PO box. Is this something I should stay away from? What is the reason they dont ship to them?

thanks

Reef lvr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can ship to a p.o. just have to send, Hold for pickup. They will just keep behind the counter until picked up.

OP
OP
D

dubge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I have shipped a lot of corals over the years but never to a PO and never knew why places wouldnt

The person said UPS just wont do it and there are a lot of scams involving PO boxes, so I guess it is a chance just like anything else

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are some small towns that only have a po box for their mail.
id seriously look it over before sending it out and verify it with the post office if you can.

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are some small towns that only have a po box for their mail.
id seriously look it over before sending it out and verify it with the post office if you can.
I do lots of shipping of product, but not livestock, to PO Boxes. USPS is the only one who will deliver to PO Boxes. They actually hold it in the back and place a notice in your box that a package is waiting and you then take the slip to the front counter. USPS Express Mail is typically overnight to most locations, Priority Mail is 2 to 3 days. Express Mail is the only way I'd attempt to ship livestock to a PO Box but I have never done it.

OP
OP
D

dubge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided not to ship to the PO box, a recent bad experience selling something online has me a little gun shy so it doesnt take much to get a bad vibe now

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided not to ship to the PO box, a recent bad experience selling something online has me a little gun shy so it doesnt take much to get a bad vibe now

I don't blame you dubge. I don't know that I would feel comfortable shipping livestock to a PO Box either. It's a matter of preference, but I choose to send to a physical address only. Holding it behind the counter leads to one more person to blame DOA on.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back