shipping corals to a PO box?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dubge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dubge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
North of Beantown
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever ship to a PO box? I know most if not all online stores will not ship livestock but I just had someone ask me to do it and I have never shipped to a PO box. Is this something I should stay away from? What is the reason they dont ship to them?

thanks
 
You can ship to a p.o. just have to send, Hold for pickup. They will just keep behind the counter until picked up.
 
ok, I have shipped a lot of corals over the years but never to a PO and never knew why places wouldnt

The person said UPS just wont do it and there are a lot of scams involving PO boxes, so I guess it is a chance just like anything else
 
there are some small towns that only have a po box for their mail.
id seriously look it over before sending it out and verify it with the post office if you can.
 
there are some small towns that only have a po box for their mail.
id seriously look it over before sending it out and verify it with the post office if you can.
I do lots of shipping of product, but not livestock, to PO Boxes. USPS is the only one who will deliver to PO Boxes. They actually hold it in the back and place a notice in your box that a package is waiting and you then take the slip to the front counter. USPS Express Mail is typically overnight to most locations, Priority Mail is 2 to 3 days. Express Mail is the only way I'd attempt to ship livestock to a PO Box but I have never done it.
 
I decided not to ship to the PO box, a recent bad experience selling something online has me a little gun shy so it doesnt take much to get a bad vibe now
 
I decided not to ship to the PO box, a recent bad experience selling something online has me a little gun shy so it doesnt take much to get a bad vibe now

I don't blame you dubge. I don't know that I would feel comfortable shipping livestock to a PO Box either. It's a matter of preference, but I choose to send to a physical address only. Holding it behind the counter leads to one more person to blame DOA on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new