Shipping Cycled Biomedia??

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would it be possible to overnight cycled biomedia? I'm sure a very small piece would be fine, given enough water volume. What is the water volume to cycled media ratio, if there is one.

Wannabereefvet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to overnight cycled biomedia? I'm sure a very small piece would be fine, given enough water volume. What is the water volume to cycled media ratio, if there is one.
I wouldn’t submerge it, I’d ship it wrapped in a few layers of newspapers that were soaked in tank water. You don’t need all of the bacteria to survive, just enough to seed the new tank and continue on living

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a small piece, I'd ship it in a bag filled with water but tied as small and tightly as possible.

Or, enough water to submerge it. Either/or.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it is a small piece, I'd ship it in a bag filled with water but tied as small and tightly as possible.

Or, enough water to submerge it. Either/or.
Ok. Thanks. I'm trying to talk my my into setting up a nano. Working things out in my head that may make it easier on her!

Back