Shipping help

SnipeEasyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some soft corals nothing crazy. But do to local of where I live very little saltwater stores. None local anyway. Few reefers around but no clubs and such so it's hard to sell or swap frags. With soft corals what's the best shipping method. I'm not against shipping. Just have never done it.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am no expert, bit have shipped some. It is really not difficult, but very expensive so it usually hard to make it worthwhile for you and the buyer unless it is either a lot or something that's a bit more unique that people can't necessarily find locally at a reasonable price.

You can save some money using third party shipping companies where you print a shipping level using their account with Fedex/UPS so get a discount rather than if u just doing low volume shipping with your account.

As far as packing dont underestimate how roughly the boxes are handled. Obviously we'll sealed appropriate bags/containers, but then fill in all empty space so stuff can't bounce around. A heat or cool pack is often needed depending on to/from location. This time of year is great because of more moderate Temps in most of country.

Back