OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did your question get cut off? Also be careful with what liverock you put in cooler with fish, depending on the rock it can disintegrate into the water with all the moving around during transport. Like for one bucket I thought I was being smart putting purigen blocks in there for bio filter and it completely disintegrated and made the water completely cloudy. Now I only use sponge filters for this. I auctually just moved a bunch of fish this weekend from Tampa to Miami and had them in same setup I described earlier for about 24 hours loading and unloading.
I was going to ask how long of a drive but I saw your answer. I exited out and when I came back to respond it must have kept it that’s my fault. I have one black lava rock I added to my tank a while ago and one piece of my life rock in there. I also got some bio cube type that is in a bag. That’s good to know, I’ll be conscious of it thanks! It’s just going to be and my dog on the trip so I’ll have the cooler up front to keep an eye on it and avoid it moving too much. Curious how far up I should fill the cooler though, all the way to the top or leave some room? My concern with leaving room is that the water will swash around a bit more than full.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to ask how long of a drive but I saw your answer. I exited out and when I came back to respond it must have kept it that’s my fault. I have one black lava rock I added to my tank a while ago and one piece of my life rock in there. I also got some bio cube type that is in a bag. That’s good to know, I’ll be conscious of it thanks! It’s just going to be and my dog on the trip so I’ll have the cooler up front to keep an eye on it and avoid it moving too much. Curious how far up I should fill the cooler though, all the way to the top or leave some room? My concern with leaving room is that the water will swash around a bit more than full.
If this thing is a dedicated tank moving cheap cooler, grab some thin plexiglass and make some baffles to keep that from happening. Keep your Rick where you want it and so on.

Radu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my drive to Maimi this weekend I used this 20 gallon tub filled up 75% of the way full:

and then I put this adhesive foam tape to seal the edges from the water swashing.

The tote I got also has locking handles on each side to keep the lid secure but I also placed additional weight on top to be safe from a big sploosh. I placed towels around the tub just to be safe and barely lost any water during the trip and there was some large curbs and bumps I went over no problem with the swashing at 75% full. It did sound scary though.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back