Shipping Supplies Help!

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
I hav ebeen getting my insulated boxes from shipyouraquatics.com. Same people that do ship your reptiles, which makes sense now that I think about it. They are decent, not uline good, but not terrible. The thing I hate about them is, their boxes are only 7" high max. Great for shipping reptiles, not great for shipping fish.
I went to uline and saw 42 bucks for a carton and said holy hell. Then I was told that 6 come in a carton and said whew. Then realized that with shipping and tax, it's still $10 for a box. Not that bad, but I still have to other places to find other supplies.
My question is, are these my only two options? I love the fact that I can get everything in one place with sya, but it's the dang box height..Please don't say cutting styrofoam and making my own. I know it's more cost effective, but I work a solid 40 hour week, have a 4 year old and am trying to start a business that involves keeping 7 sw systems and designing my own website. Cutting my own styrofoam is low low low low low low low low low low low low low low on my priorities list. Not cause it's tough, I just don't have a single ounce of motivation to do it. not one. seriously.:)
Thanks in advance!!!

Zenjimatsu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe see if any stores have extra boxes. I've also heard that vets have insulated boxes you might be able to use. Getting 9x9x9" shipping boxes from Office Depot and cutting styro really isn't too bad. Or you can get some of the insulated bubble wrap envelopes from Fedex for free, pack the bagged fish in those, and then pack them in the box with a bunch of newspaper as cushion. Its not a bad option if you don't want to cut styro.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back