Shipping to Canada

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of some quality online shops that ship corals to Canada? We’re looking to get some larger LPS colonies and our LFS usually only have small frags

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try WWC and AQUAsd
I believe also eBay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of some quality online shops that ship corals to Canada? We’re looking to get some larger LPS colonies and our LFS usually only have small frags
Have you tried fragbox, candy corals or reef raft?
Also canada corals

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but didn’t see quite what we’re looking for

You could contact JLAquatics as well as any of the other sites listed above to see if they can special order you something specific...

Fragbox.ca
Jlaquatics.com
Baysidecorals.com
Candycorals.ca
Canadacorals.com
Marineexperience.ca

Just as a starting point, Shipping corals across the border can be a HUGE pain and especially now with everything going on I wouldn't even attempt it for a second. Odds are it's going to get significantly delayed and your coral will suffer for it.

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could contact JLAquatics as well as any of the other sites listed above to see if they can special order you something specific...

Fragbox.ca
Jlaquatics.com
Baysidecorals.com
Candycorals.ca
Canadacorals.com
Marineexperience.ca

Just as a starting point, Shipping corals across the border can be a HUGE pain and especially now with everything going on I wouldn't even attempt it for a second. Odds are it's going to get significantly delayed and your coral will suffer for it.

I was just in JL today picking up a fish I had on hold and I bought a few small frags but they said they can’t really order in larger pieces and it’s mostly just whatever they get in

Thank you! I just made my first online order from fragbox! Hopefully it comes here ok. I usually only get my livestock in store so I can specifically choose which fish/coral I want but this one was wysiwyg and too pretty to pass up!

71F57376-6D75-45BA-9D2A-5ADC16D9DE16.png

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used either of them because I'm in the US, but I keep coming across Fragbox (where you just ordered) and these guys: https://gtareef.ca

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't buy livestock from a USA store, it's virtually impossible.
It really erks me, that us in Canada can't get the crazy corals in the USA

Take a look at Candycorals, Afaan has some crazy corals. And can get just about anything you want.

I don't entirely agree with the sentiment thar it's virtually impossible to get livestock from the US. Certainly not everything but somethings can be shipped across the border. The key is being able to pick them up directly from customs at the airport and going through all the paperwork, impossible, no, HUGE pain in the neck? Absolutely.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shore line corals is amazing as well, his frags are twice the size of any one else’s . There also in the Vancouver area.
Frag box is good, as well as marine experience. Just make sure you dip everything if you get them from marine experience.
Candy corals is suppose to be amazing, and will be ordering from them soon

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy corals is suppose to be amazing, and will be ordering from them soon

If only I had the money my tank would be chalice city!!... And I'd be divorced.

He's got some amazing looking chalices But ;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in TOronto Area so visit all the the suggested places above....Gta Reef, Candy Corals, FragBox.
I try not to go often since I always spend too much :)

They all have Quality Corals, good prices, and they ship properly. Of course some stuff is pricey if you want high end.
You should ask but I think some of them also have DOA guarentee policies.
Best time is to order now or in Fall when temperatures make it ideal for shipping.

As far as getting stuff from USA or anywhere outside of Canada. I looked into it. Impossible unless you get a special license (which is something you WON'T be able to get as a hobbist)

Last edited:

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a place in Edmonton that I plan on visiting once my tank is up and running. They ship as well, but haven't used them yet so not sure how good they are. Here is their website :

New Dawn Aquaculture
I got a green mandarin from them a few months ago. Great guy who runs it and he ships a bunch of items across the country so Vancouver area shouldn’t be an issue.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back