Shipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boboreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boboreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
197
Reaction score
5
Location
Central Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading a lot lately about shipping coral.. Maybe somebody kindly enough to help answer my question... How do u find out about shipping charge for fedex or UPS a head of time?.. And as far as heat pack, I heard less hour heat pack produce more heat and more hours produce less heat.. Is this true? Thanks
 
Not sure on the heat pack.
 
Been reading a lot lately about shipping coral.. Maybe somebody kindly enough to help answer my question... How do u find out about shipping charge for fedex or UPS a head of time?.. And as far as heat pack, I heard less hour heat pack produce more heat and more hours produce less heat.. Is this true? Thanks
I've heard good things about shipyouraquatics.com (not sure if I'm allowed to post that). You can get a quote off their website for the exact thing you're shipping. One the heat packs that is true. Less hrs = more heat (too much heat) and more hrs = less intense heat (what you'd use for shipping coral) Most people I've ever talked to about it use 20hr or 40hr heat packs. I personally never have so hopefully a couple experts will chime in to agree with me or correct me.
 
Thanks for fast reply.. What about.. Do I still need to use heat pack if the insulated box is one inch thick? Thanks..
 
Yes you will need heat packs this time off year and i use the heat packs that are called ( UniHeat ) they are for shipping small animals and pets and last for 40+ hours
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new